Check out my book: Software Engineer's Guide to Freelance Consulting!
"Zack is an incredibly efficient developer. He gets the job done like no one I've ever met. Highly, highly recommended."
Michael Lloyd, Harvard MBA, CEO Poncho Insurance
"The guys at energyx were super happy with the work. Well done."
Jay El-Kaake, Ivey Business School MBA, Technology Partner energyX
I have been writing code for twenty years. Combine that with my business operations and marketing expertise and magic happens.
* * *
Partial List of Hard Skills
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Systems operations: continuous integration (Jenkins); Linux cloud deployment (Linode; Amazon AWS); server (Apache; nginx); serverless patterns; code review; build automation (grunt; csslint; jshint; R.js); testing (jasmine; mocha; rspec; cucumber)
- Recruiting software engineers
- Regular expressions — this makes me extremely efficient at web scraping and generating list of prospects & leads
- Analytics (Google; KISSMetrics; MixPanel; Omniture; admin sales funnels; KPIs; MySQL+PostgreSQL; MongoDB)
- Online advertising (Google; Facebook; Twitter; email marketing (Mandrill, MailChimp, drip campaigns))
- Offline leadgen (trade show marketing including cold approach; snail-mail marketing; cold calling)
- Payments (PayPal; Amazon; Braintree; Recurly; Bitcoin; Stripe)
- Public speaking (Led panel at SXSW 2011)
- Writing (WordPress; Syndicated blogger; contributor to bestselling The Charisma Myth; managing content creation)
- Back-testing of securities trading strategies
- Series 65 exam certification (state securities laws)